Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day!


We had a great St. Patricks Day! The boys were all excited to wear green. When we woke up in the morning we noticed that we had a visitor in the night. A mischievous Leprechaun did some naughty things in our house. It started in Spencer and Zachary's room. Socks, pants, pajamas, and books were all over. But the boys found a sack of coins that the Leprechaun dropped. They were pretty excited about that. Then we noticed a Shamrock sticker was missing from the stickers I bought for all of us to wear. Then on our way down to breakfast we noticed that the Leprechaun tried to eat some green M&M's but spill a lot of them in the kitchen. He also took all of our shoes off the shoe rack and put them in front of the door. And just when we thought he couldn't be any more naughty...we found a green container from the playroom filled with green toys! The container of toys was spilled by the stairs. We think that the Leprechaun tried to take them but maybe got scared when Brandt woke up in the middle of the night. :)

Now the boys are thinking about setting a trap next year. Or maybe we can catch him in a few weeks when we go to Ireland for spring break. Wish us luck!

We hope you all have a fun St. Patricks Day!

(Big thanks to Brittany for all her wonderful ideas!)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kay said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun for St. Patricks day! It brought back memeories of when my kids were small. The leprechan would leave footprints (teardrop shapes cut out of green paper) all over the walls and floor in a path of where he visited in the night!. And at the end of the trail they would find a pot of gold! Such fun to make memories for the kids! Have a great day!

Shane and Brandi said...

It sounds like you guys are having a good time over there! My oldest daughter is very jealous that she can't go to Ireland for spring break. I guess the park isn't good enough! Thanks for leaving your blog address on mine. I love keeping up with all the family this way. Miss you guys!

brittanyc said...

Everything sounds like it was so much fun! I'm loving your blog!
Britt

Anonymous said...

You guys are so fun!

Tricks are for Kidds said...

Wow! The leprechaun didn't even make it to my house. I hope you survived the visit...and it sounds like you had a lot of fun! What a wonderful idea! I hope I remember that when I have kids.

Liz said...

Okay, I know I shouldn't say this since I have four girls about the same ages as your four boys, but your boys look so alike!! Especially the oldest two--I swear they could be twins. Love your blog!