Sunday, January 17, 2010

10K

On Saturday they cancelled the 10K race on base. I was disappointed but glad that I didn't have to run it outside in the freezing cold weather. On New Year Eve I decided to go out and run on the farm trails since I love it out there. About two miles out I slipped and fell and hurt my knee pretty bad. I fell on loose gravel that had black ice and the gravel dug in pretty good. I am glad it was cold out so my legs could freeze so I could run the rest of the way home. So....that is why I really didn't want to run outside.

So Saturday morning I ran the 10K on my treadmill! I am so glad that I did it...but really glad it is over. I hit a wall about four miles but persisted. I usually stop and stretch but I ran the whole time and did it in 62.5 minutes. Big thanks to my husband for coming up three or four times to cheer me on. It was funny, he came up just as I was finishing and cheered me on to the finish line! I really needed it because I was not feeling real well. Friday night I stared to get a sore throat but felt fine Saturday morning. Then it really hit about noon. I am so glad I didn't get too sick before so I could run.

8 comments:

Shane and Brandi said...

Way to go on the run Amy! I hope your knee is healing up. With all the new pictures on your blog I hope you are putting together a scrapbook. One of these days when you are living back here in the boring USA you will want to look at those memories. LOL

Betsy said...

Amy, that is so great! Congratulations!

Lokodi said...

That's awesome Amy!!! I'm really proud of you. I still haven't run six miles yet. I've only dared do five. You made great time too. We really need to start running together. I can't wait. I won't wake up with you though. You're crazy for doing it that early. That's true dedication!

Great job,
Lindsey

Emily Snow said...

way to go, Amy!

Kae said...

That is awesome! I am still trying to get ready to run a 5k. I am amazed at who many excuses I can come up with(:

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

Amy..you are amazing!!!! I hate running more than anything (picture a hippo running, not a pretty sight)! Keep it up and I'll keep swimming...hope your knee is feeling better! Love your huts!

buzzanna said...

Oh, I miss running with you. We used to have so much fun running together. I'm back to early morning runs too, and training for a race this spring. I was remembering that night we got egged the other day. Do you remember? Good times! We'll have to do a race together when you're back.

Marnie said...

Amy, that is awesome! I am hoping to run a 10K this spring and a half marathon this summer. Do you know of any races coming up? I am totally just starting out....