Sunday, September 22, 2013

Backpacking at Grand Daddy Lake


We are set and ready to go....

We made it and our first meal was a success, biscuits in the fire, with other stuff of course! 

Breakfast was even a success the next morning and the boys ate everything.  With a stove and the fire, we could eat the bacon, eggs, and pancakes all at the same time.

Fishing was a success!  We caught 6 fish before we could even get everyone's hooks on.  We kept four of them and ate them for dinner.

The beautiful Grand Daddy Lake.

In all of our exploring, we found our "Lion's Rock" from last year.

Now that's a big mushroom. 

The boys enjoy digging at home, and enjoy digging out in the wilderness.  "Here badger badger!"

We cooked our famous Jello in the cold stream to eat with our fish that night.

We were so proud of ourselves that we even found our same camping spot as last year.

We couldn't believe it was over so fast, but we sure enjoyed being together!  I think we were the only ones at the lake those few days....when we left on Wednesday we past about 70 people going to the lake.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rob & Emily Willardson Family said...

Looks like you had lots of fun memories made!

Betsy said...

Felt like I just took a walk back in time...with different people. I think you are one brave dad, Spencer! I'd be scared to death to be the only adult in charge.