Sunday, September 5, 2010

First Day of School!

The first day of school! I am so glad that school is back in session. :) It is nice to have a set routine and have it a little quieter at home. I am also thankful for school because now we have a bigger library for Spencer. I couldn't keep enough books in the house and our library has a poor collection for his age and level of reading. Spencer is starting third grade and Zach is in first.

Rex also started Preschool. We are rotating between homes every Tuesday and Thursday. So far they have really liked it. I did the same preschool with Zachary and Spencer and we had a good experience so I decided to do it with Rex.

Here is Rex with his Schultüten. In Germany it is tradition that when children enter 1st grade they get these cones filled with school supplies and sweets. Tina, Calvins mom made these for the kids and did a great job. It was a big highlight of Rex's day!

1 comment:

Shane and Brandi said...

How fun! We are doing a rotating preschool for Kailin too. She has loved it! I love looking at all the pictures of the places you guys are getting to see. Hope you guys are having fun touring!