Friday, August 28, 2009

Sunset on the North Sea





I have been dying to go see the sunset on the beach and we finally made it Thursday night.  Spencer had to get some work done so we put Brandt to bed and me and the boys went to the beach.  It was really fun and the boys loved all of the colors in the sunset.  The conversation was great!  We talked about dogs, creeping bugs, kissing girls, and Zach said he is going to marry me when he grows up.  Then Spencer the Younger reminded him that I was already married to dad.  :)  At least he loves me, right!

The boys have loved being here at the Kijkduinpark.  They are getting really good at riding their bikes, swimming, and they have loved just hanging around.  We are staying for another week because Spencer has more work to do at the contractor.  Spencer the Younger will miss his first week of second grade but that is okay, right?  We asked him to choose between going home to go to school or staying for another week.  It didn't take him long to decide. :)  Also Zachary is starting Kindergarten but his starts a week after everyone else so he will be right on time.

This trip has been really nice because it is actually a vacation for at least me and the boys.  Most places we go it is rush rush to see everything but this one is relaxing and do whatever we want.  I am glad we are staying an extra week!

3 comments:

Amy Dart said...

The picture with the three boys holding up their shorts with their backs turned is an AWESOME picture. Thanks for sharing your adventures. It's helping me to relax just reading about it. :)

Betsy said...

That sounds like so much fun. I love the conversation! How sweet that Zach wants to marry you when he grows up. I'd say that's a pretty good compliment as a mom! I love the pictures. They are so pretty!

Kae said...

I love the beach too. We are long 4 hours away and we try to go often. This year has been different because of Jake but we already have some beach time planned out.