Friday, August 14, 2009

Cactus vs. Chives

Tonight for dinner we are having baked potatoes, corn, and salad. So I asked Zachary to go into the backyard and cut me some of the long green spiky things. Well, he was upstairs and I called to him asking him what he was doing. He yelled down a bit distraught asking for Spencer help. Next thing I know he brought me down a bowl full of cut up cactus. I guess those are green spiky things outside on his balcony....but I don't think they will taste good on a baked potato.

Gotta love kids and the crazy things they do. :)

5 comments:

Shane and Brandi said...

Moments like these sometimes makes you rethink what you are about to tell your children. He must really love his mom to cut up cactus!

Anonymous said...

LOL! That is so funny. Oh the confusion. What a cute kid.

Amy Dart said...

That is a heartwarming story! Zach is awesome!

Erika W said...

I love this story! Seriously, that's love! By the way, I thought cactus was more of a Southwestern US plant. I've never thought about them being native to Germany :)

Emily Snow said...

I will never look at chives the same way again...always think of cacti too!