Brother Davis and the missionaries came over for hometeaching and when they were leaving I told them that I was going to cut down this pear tree. It is an old tree and is diseased. I asked around to see if I could buy some spray for it but in Germany they don't believe in spraying for this kind of thing. So I decided I needed to tear it out and plant a new tree. Well, as I was telling this to them Elder Harris says "I can pull this tree out with my hands!" I said "Ya, right! I'll give you fifty bucks if you can do it!" Well, about ten minutes into it Spencer the Younger looks at me and says "You better watch what you say Mom. He is going to pull it out." :)
Well they did it! It was a bit harder then originally planned but they really did pull it out with their hands. Elder Harris did most of it and his nice white shirt was a bit dirty. But then I was in a little dilemma. I shouldn't really pay him fifty bucks since he is a missionary. So I do owe him some treats from the commissary. Life cereal and IBC cream soda. Yummy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh dear, that's my brother for you. Thanks for the pictures! (I'm Elder Harris' sister)
That is such a dilemma, paying a missionary? That's pretty amazing, thank goodness for help!
Elder Harris is my little brother too... it's so nice of you to blog about him! We miss him but we're so glad he's still doing thing like pulling trees out with his bare hands. And if you know Elder Harris, you know that it's almost impossible to feed his bottomless pit of a stomach so I'm sure that he loved your treats!
I agree with Spencer the younger. You should watch what you say! lol
Post a Comment