Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Burps and Beans

Isn't Zachary so cute! How could this smart, fun, good looking kid do anything wrong? Well, he has started a bad habit of burping. He even comes home from school and burps/reads his books outloud. It go so out of control that one day as I was sitting by him helping with homework, I got a bit of inspiration. I got this small jar and filled it with jelly beans. I told him that every time he burps I am going to take one out and eat it. This was on a Tuesday and I told him that on Friday after dinner he could have what was left in the jar. I am very pleased that it worked so well! He got about half the jar.

2 comments:

Tricks are for Kidds said...

The jelly bean idea sounds great and it seems to be working! You are an amazing mother. Keep up the great work!

Emily Snow said...

This is such a good idea. My boys have been really gross lately. Burping, making farting sounds, potty talk....oh I am sick of it!