Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy 8th Birthday Spencer!

Spencer has just turned 8! We had a fun birthday party for him. He invited four friends over and they had a great time. First they started with building towers with marshmallow and pretzel sticks. After they ate them put and it was a great after school snack. Then they went upstairs to the guest bedroom and had a Pokeman battle. Then we had two games. One was simple gifts wrapped multiple times and they each took turns unwrapping one layer. The person who unwrapped the last one got the gift. Then we played a dice and candy bar game. Then it was time to make there own pizzas. They loved customizing their own pizzas and they got creative. Next was presents and cake. Spencer has been into origami and one day we made rockets so that is what he wanted on his cake. They were just white so Spencer the Dad and I stayed up late the night before and painted them and put glitter on them. It wasn't the most attractive cake but it was just what Spencer wanted. I guess that is all that counts. Also every gift that Spencer got from his friends were Pokeman. I guess that is what boys do at age 8. Happy Birthday Spencer!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Midge said...

Amy, great cake idea. My Isaac (almost 10) is way into origami also. I find creatures, space ships, etc. all over the house. It is fun to see them so creative.

I love peeking into you life. Thanks for sharing!

Your cousin Marsha (in case you didn't know:))

Shane and Brandi said...

I love your cake! What a fun party. Thanks for sharing this. I at least feel like I can see you guys a little.

Betsy said...

That's looks like so much fun. I'm sure they all loved it. You guys did great on making the rockets look even cooler!